Enter the house through large traditional Gated Rose Lined Drive to Le Petit Chateau La Vigne. It stands in its own parkland setting with a large easy-to-manage swimming pool. The house sleeps 11 and is situated in a private and peaceful location within easy reach of the rich culture France has to offer.
Distance by car and local interest:
- Rejallant, Condac 1 minute, or 5 minutes on foot. Lovely restaurant/cafe open all year. Kayak routes/hire, cycle hire, childrens beach with supervised life guard in summer.
- Ruffec: 1.92 km 3 minutes (large supermarkets, local twice-weekly market, local shops, )
- Verteuil: 8.6 km 10 minutes (large family owned chateau still in the hands of La Rochefoucauld family )
- Cognac 50 km ( 40 minutes) Famous chateaux and brandy houses, caves, tours etc. (Martell, Courvoursier, Remy Martin, Fusigny, Heny, Hine etc.)
- Angouleme 50 km (30 minutes)
- Poitiers (Futuroscope France’s largest family attraction)
- Limoges (Airport) 1 hour 20 mins 98 km
- Bordeaux/La Rochelle, Vineyards, St Emilion1 hour 45 minutes, 163 km. (Airports)
- Bergerac 150 km, 2 hours (Airport)
Flights from UK from Bristol, East Mids, Birmingham, Stansted, Manchester , Cardiff, Manchester etc. . (all main airports)
- Large proportioned rooms.
- Large Entertaining Kitchen with island and whole length of kitchen sliding doors to patio
- 4 Bathrooms (3 are en-suite, the fourth is a shower washbasin & wc and sink for the 2 bedroomed wing)
- 2 lounges one very large with refectory dining table
- 5 bedrooms
- Small separate Cottage/games room/bar
- Large Double Garage/pool control room
- Store attached to garage
- House/garden furniture available if required
- large basement (full footprint of house) with wine cellar, log store, etc.
- Attached woodland belonging to house.
- Access to fishing on river below river-bank
- Large walled and secure garden
- Quiet position
- 12 x 5 meter swimming pool with new hard cover which conforms to the new regulations in France. It enables you to swim inside or lift or retract the covers to one end. It stops debris getting in and also extends the holiday / swimming season. It makes it easier to manage, ie it doesnt get dirty or green and uses less product to maintain. New 2016 with 10 year guarantee!
- 6 hours by train from St Pancras to Ruffec Station
Small Chateau or “Petit Chateau” with a swimming pool in South West France. It is easy to reach using the economy airlines from the UK which includes Ryanair, Easyjet and Flybe, flying to Poitiers, Limoges Bergerac Bordeaux and La Rochelle. There is a TGV railway line to Ruffec railway station which is about a mile from the house. Just a 5 minute taxi ride!
The typically French house has a large basement and also includes a specific wine cellar. The beauty of this house is the fabulous location, quiet, private yet perfect for enjoying the local colour of the region. The Chateau is near to the restaurant at the “Rejallant” which has just been renovated and the food is fabulous! It also has a lovely outside eating area by the old water mill and set over the water. http://www.le-rejallant.com/ You can hire bikes from the riverside about 5 minutes on foot from the house and also hire kayaks all year round to go up or down the Charente. The friendly people who run it bus you back or to your destination dependant on if you are going up or downstream. Another really great restaurant nearby, about 20 minutes, is the famous Michelin Argentor Restaurant which also offers alfresco eating in the street throughout the summer. A truly special place. Always book, its popular. http://www.aubergedelargentor.fr/
Our special place is http://www.auberge-cheval-blanc.com/ for that special occasion.